Thursday, May 5, 2011

Welcome to "Hit the road"

Eiffel Tower 2003
For years I've been saying I'm going to write about my travels. Well, let the traveling and writing begin!

I remember as a little girl in history and geography class (yes, we actually had geography "back in the old days") dreaming about the places that my teacher was describing--London bridge, the pyramids, the Eiffel Tower, castles, Leaning tower of Pisa, all of it! Would I ever go there? Would I ever leave the United States or even the state I lived in?

When I was working for a Canadian company in Montreal (btw, Montreal is the closest thing to France you'll get without leaving the North American continent), I had my first opportunity to travel to Europe. I was so excited! I was going to London for one week. It didn't matter that I had to work and had meetings. I was going to Europe! My flight was at 9:00 at night, leaving from Mirabel (which is now closed). I didn't realize you had to leave late at night, so you could be in Europe in the morning (naive American!).

Anyway, my trip to London was wonderful and too short (and the weather was incredibly beautiful, contrary to what everyone said about London weather). I vowed I would go back to Europe (I did two more times with my work). One day, though, I was going to Paris (and I did, 5 times--read on)!

I hope this blog will inspire you to travel, too. My goal is to make you feel like you're right there in Paris, Athens, Nice! Of course, there will be lots of pictures!

Put your tray tables up, your seat forward, and fasten your seat belts!

Parthenon 2007

2 comments:

  1. Way cool idea, Irma! Welcome to blogging! Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Great idea! Looking forward to reading all about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete